Code of Conduct (Generally)
Version 1.0 Dated 61216
The Code of Conduct (Generally) applies to both online and in person conduct.
Mutual respect should be shown to members and management.
Phoenix Gaymers is a safe space, please remember:
- We will all refrain from using language that can be considered homophobic, sexist, transphobic, racist, ableist, ageist, etc. This includes slurs on sexuality (the f-word), trans slurs (the t-word), mental disability (the r-word) and others.
- We will also avoid using offensive topics as a form of humor, such as making jokes based on race or sexual assault.
- We will remember that even if we may say some of these things in our circles of friends, we are in a public place and we will do everything in our power to remind ourselves of that.
- Please respect a person’s pronouns and gender; if unsure please ask their pronouns in a polite manner.
- If you are offended by somebody or something online or at an event, you may address it in the following ways:
- Informing them that what they have said or done is offensive.
- Trying to help them understand how to avoid it in the future.
- Contacting a board member to help moderate the situation.
- Although this organization is social in nature, please remember dating and hooking up are not part of the organization’s mission. Please conduct yourself accordingly. Our mission includes providing a space to play games, and meet and socialize with your fellow gaymers.
- Please refrain from unwanted sexual advances and touching and etc. other members. After one time it is considered harassment and will be dealt with accordingly.
- Be cognizant how your actions reflect on Phoenix Gaymers, and refrain from actions that reflect poorly on the organization.
- Our logo may be used for personal use but not for commercial or business purposes. If unsure if purpose is questionable, please contact a member of board.
- Any official representation from the organization should come from the Board or a board member. If you feel the organization should express something then please contact a board member.
- Official Events can only be scheduled by board members. You can share a personal/external event into the group. If you have any event ideas please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please respect others’ personal space. Ask before touching and respect anyone’s request for privacy and/or space. This includes hugging.
- Please clean up after yourself at events and respect the space that we are hosting the event at. If food or drinks are provided remember that they are a privilege and not a right.
- Please update your RSVP within 24 hours of an event for planning purposes.
- When attending an event in a public location, please be cognizant of other patrons/people in the location.
- Please be aware that if you attend an event that you may be photographed and used for promotional purposes.
- We will all refrain from using language that can be considered homophobic, sexist, transphobic, racist, ableist, ageist, etc. This includes slurs on sexuality (the f-word), trans* status (the t-word), mental disability (the r-word) and others.
These Online Guidelines supplement Facebook’s Community Standards.
- First and foremost, no posts shall violate the Facebook Community Standards. You may view a full list at https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards. Second, the spirit of the Phoenix Gaymers shall be to adhere to a PG-13 guideline with zero tolerance for sexually suggestive material. This is an open group to all people of all ages.
- This group is Open, which means that your membership and posts, as well as comments to posts you make or have commented on, may appear in other places on Facebook. Please keep that in mind as you choose to become a member.
- All post are subject to removal by board members.
- Duplicate post can be deleted without notice.
- Facebook profiles will be reviewed by board members when asking to join the Phoenix Gaymers Facebook group. If you feel you have been incorrectly rejected in this process, please email email@example.com.
- Management reserves the right to close a comments on a thread.
***** Hate speech, graphic nudity, graphic violence — mature content (may be in FB community standards already!
Please remember you can contact the board at anytime for anything through Facebook Messenger or email firstname.lastname@example.org.